Today’s information technology landscape is fast-paced, dynamic and highly competitive. In such a business environment, tech professionals must be on their toes and always maintain peak performance.
Keeping up with new technologies and trends and juggling multiple projects can be challenging. However, with the proper support of information technology tools and resources, you can significantly boost your productivity to focus on the most critical tasks.
Here are our top 5 recommendations to help you become more productive in your job.
1. Video Conferencing Software
In today’s business world, video conferencing software is essential for engaging with colleagues and clients. The software boosts your productivity by minimizing unnecessary face-to-face meetings.
Most of these software features screen-sharing functionality, allowing you to collaborate on projects with your colleagues and clients.
Many video conferencing software options are available, each with its features and benefits. Here are five of the best to help boost your productivity:
- Zoom: A popular video conferencing software known for its ease of use and clear audio and video quality. It also offers a variety of features, such as screen sharing, group chat, and file sharing.
- Google Hangouts: This free video conferencing software is part of the Google Suite of productivity tools. It offers group chat, screen sharing, and video calling features.
- Skype. It delivers clear audio and video quality and features such as group chat, screen sharing, and file sharing.
- WebEx: This software offers numerous features like web conferencing, audio conferencing, and file sharing.
- GoToMeeting: It has many features, including web conferencing, audio conferencing, and screen sharing.
2. Time Tracking Tool
A time tracking tool allows you to track and manage your activities more effectively. You can quickly generate reports about your time on different tasks and projects. There are many great time tracking tools, but here are our favorites:
- RescueTime. It helps you track where you’re spending your time online and offline to see where you might be able to cut back or be more productive.
- Toggl. An excellent tool for tracking your time and comes with great features for teamwork.
- DeskTime. It tracks time to know where you need to be more productive or take more breaks.
- Timely. It tracks time across different projects so that you can be more efficient.
- Harvest. A robust tool for tracking your time and expenses to help you save money and be more productive.
3. Task Management Software
You’ll require a task management app if you are working with multiple clients, projects, or from different locations. It helps you to stay focused on your most important tasks, minimize distractions, and stay on track with your work.
Also, a good task management platform allows you to collaborate more effectively with your team members, track progress, and generate valuable reports about your project activities.
In a challenging, fast-paced IT environment where new tasks and projects are constantly being assigned to employees, you’ll need an effective project management tool like:
- Trello. It helps you to organize tasks and keep track of progress. This way, you can stay on top of deadlines and ensure that all team members are on the same page.
- Asana. It automates the more tedious tasks associated with project management, such as task assignment and tracking.
- Basecamp. It creates communication and teamwork between members. It’s an excellent way to keep everyone on the same page and avoid misunderstandings.
4. Calendar and To-do List Apps
A digital calendar helps track deadlines, meetings, and other important events.
One standard calendar app is Google Calendar. It manages your time and keeps track of your commitments. You can create events and set reminders so you never miss a meeting or deadline.
You can also share your calendar with others, so they can see your schedule and know when you’re available. Google Calendar is available on all devices. Therefore, you can always access it when you need it.
On the other hand, a to-do list can help to break down large tasks into smaller, more manageable steps. Evernote is one powerful note-taking and information management tool that allows you to complete tasks quickly and generate to-do lists while on the go.
A list can provide a sense of accomplishment as you complete each task and track what still needs to be done.
After all, with a to-do list, you can take regular breaks to avoid burnout. Stepping away from work for a few minutes can help to clear the mind and come back refreshed and ready to tackle the next task. You can use tools like:
5. Decluttering Tool
Your desktop is cluttered with shortcuts, your documents folder is a labyrinth of subfolders, and your browser tabs are a jumble of open tabs. In this case, you’ll need a decluttering tool for your workspace like:
- Toby. It enables you to create virtual folders and sub-folders to organize your files. It lets you group tabs together to quickly find the ones you need. Toby is great for workflows involving many different tabs and windows to help you be more productive and organized.
- Magnet. The web tool allows you to organize your shortcuts, files, and tabs into tidy groups. With Magnet, you can declutter your desktop, documents folder, and browser tabs in seconds. Plus, it’s highly customizable so that you can tailor it to your specific needs.
- Station. The app gives you a single workspace for all your projects and files. You can drag and drop files and folders to organize them how you like. You can also create shortcuts to your most-used apps and access everything you need with just a few clicks.
These information technology tools and resources can boost your productivity, enhance your team’s performance and maximize your revenue. Again, most of these tools are available on all major platforms; you can use them on your desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
And with the many options on your platter, Ndevr can help you evaluate your needs and choose the best platform or tool for your business. We can also help you implement the software and provide training and support to ensure you get the most out of it.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you increase your productivity.